Award-winning Small Group Tours in Europe’s Most Beautiful Places
Are you dreaming of a different kind of European vacation?
An immersion in a different culture and way of life?
The opportunity to get to know local people?
A focus on simple pleasures?
A beautiful setting in the countryside?
A leisurely and relaxed pace?
If this type of vacation appeals to you, you’ll enjoy our European Experiences trips! We offer small group tours in the most beautiful areas of Europe, special places that have captured our hearts in 25+ years of European travel.
Each year we offer several weeks of The Luberon Experience in Provence, France, based in the village of Bonnieux (shown below). Our other trips vary each year, as we share other wonderful places in Europe that we love with travelers looking for an indepth experience.
The Luberon Experience was selected by National Geographic Traveler magazine as one of their 50 Tours of a Lifetime for 2012. We’re very proud to be identified as one of the best tours in the world, “designed for experience, immersion, sustainability, and cultural connection.” Learn much more about this special trip on our Luberon Experience website.
We hosted 13 trips in 2019– in Provence, Tuscany, the Dordogne, Alsace, and the Cotswolds as well as our European Christmas Experience trip in Austria, Germany and France. Now we’re focused on getting ready for our 2020 season and making early plans for 2021.
In 2020 we’ll host 14 trips in six locations, including a new trip in Puglia, Italy:
- We’ll be back in England for The Cornwall Experience, in late April and early September. This is a 10-day trip.
- We’re hosting four weeks of The Luberon Experience in 2020: two weeks in May and two weeks in September/October.
- In June and July we’ll offer two weeks of The Chianti Experience and two weeks of The Périgord Experience.
- We’ll return to England in July for two different trips in the Cotswolds: the Cotswold Gardens week and The Cotswolds Experience.
- In October we’ll host two weeks of our newest Experience, The Puglia Experience in southern Italy… we can’t wait to share this with our groups!
At this time, we’re planning to continue with all our 2020 trips as scheduled. For our latest update on the coronavirus, see here.
We opened for 2021 bookings on March 1, 2021. In 2021 we’ll host 14 trips in seven locations:
- We’ll launch our season in late April with The Cornwall Experience in late April. We’ll return to Cornwall in early September. This is a 10-day trip.
- We’re hosting two weeks of The Luberon Experience in 2021: a week in May and a week in September.
- We’ll offer two other trips in the Luberon: Return to the Luberon in May and The Luberon Walking Week in late September/early October.
- In June we’ll offer two weeks of The Chianti Experience and one week of The Alsace Experience.
- We’ll return to England in July for two different trips in the Cotswolds: Return to the Cotswolds and The Cotswolds Experience.
- In October we’ll host two weeks of our newest Experience, The Puglia Experience in southern Italy. This trip attracted a lot of attention from our Travelers Circle during their preview period, and there are only a few spots left.
Join our mailing list to stay in touch with us through our newsletter (four or five times a year), including our schedule announcement every March. Facebook and Instagram are other great ways to learn more about us, follow our travels, and connect with other European Experiences travelers.
Explore our website to learn more about our approach to travel and a typical week on one of our “Experience” trips. Other travelers visit Europe. With us you will experience it!
– Kathy and Charley Wood
We’re a founding member of Slow Travel Tours, an informal affiliation of small-group tour operators who offer personalized trips in Italy, France and other European countries. All these people have a travel philosophy similar to ours. If one of our trips isn’t right for you, we hope you’ll consider one of theirs. Follow the Slow Travel Tours blog to learn more about exploring Europe slowly with a small group tour.
We hope you enjoy our most recent posts:
|We’re a member of ETOA, the European Tourism Association.|