Dates, Prices and Logistics
We’re busy getting ready for our 2019 trips… our 14th year! We announced our 2019 schedule publicly on March 1, 2018. Our Travelers Circle (alumni travelers) had a two week preview period for early bookings. Our 2019 trips are almost full… see the status of each trip below. Just remember– if a trip is full, cancellations are always possible. We’d be happy to put you on a waiting list.
The Cornwall Experience in England (10 night trip)
- April 23 – May 3 (waiting list closed)
The Luberon Experience in Provence, France
- May 11 – 18 (waiting list only)
- May 18 – 25 (waiting list only)
- September 7 – 14 (waiting list only)
The Luberon Walking Week in Provence, France (new trip!)
- September 14 – 21 (four openings)
The Chianti Experience in Tuscany, Italy
- June 1 – 8 (waiting list only)
- June 8 – 15 (waiting list only)
The Alsace Experience in France
- June 21 – 28 (Friday to Friday – waiting list only)
The Perigord Experience in the Dordogne, France
- July 3 – 10 (Wednesday to Wednesday – waiting list only)
Return to the Cotswolds in England (new trip!)
- July 15 – 22 (Monday to Monday – waiting list only)
The Cotswolds Experience in England
- July 22 – 29 (Monday to Monday – waiting list only)
The European Christmas Experience in Salzburg, Munich, and Colmar (12-night trip)
- December 2 – December 14 (three openings)
Double occupancy (per person):
- Luberon – $3,300 (7 nights)
- Alsace, Périgord, Chianti and Cotswolds – $3,400 (7 nights)
- Cornwall – $5,700 (10 nights)
- Christmas – $5,600 (12 nights)
Single occupancy of a double room:
- Luberon, Alsace, Périgord, Chianti and Cotswolds – $3,800 (7 nights)
- Cornwall – $6,500 (10 nights)
- Christmas – $6,300 (12 nights)
Triple rooms may be possible; contact us for pricing.
Our trips reflect an outstanding value, with almost all expenses for the week included:
- 7 nights accommodation in charming 3-star hotels and guesthouses. Rooms with one large bed or twin beds are available. All rooms have ensuite bathrooms.
- 7 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 5 dinners (including wine or beer of our choice)
- All admissions, special activities, and many extras
- Personalized support from Kathy and Charley
- Detailed trip planning guide
- All gratuities
- Local transportation during the week, including scheduled pick-up and drop-off at designated meeting points
You are responsible for air transportation, transportation to and from the meeting points, meals not included (one lunch and two dinners), travel insurance, and personal expenses.
* The Cornwall Experience and The European Christmas Experience are longer trips with different inclusions. See the trip descriptions for more specifics.
Our travelers become friends, and we enjoy experiencing other places together. Many of our travelers have returned for other trips, often bringing friends and family members. Our Travelers Circle offers exciting benefits for our alumni travelers, including 10% discounts on future trips and 5% discounts for travel companions. Read more about our Travelers Circle here.
Deposits and Payments
The initial deposit for most trips is $600 per person, payable within seven days of your reservation. The deposit for The Cornwall Experience and The European Christmas Experience is $1,000. The balance is due 90 days prior to the first day of the trip. All payments are made in US dollars. You may pay by personal check or by Pay Pal, which provides an option to pay with a credit card. We also accept bank wire transfers from travelers who live outside the USA.
- 91+ days (from the first day of the trip): $250 per person; $500 for The Cornwall Experience and The European Christmas Experience
- 61-90 days: 25% of the total price
- 31-60 days: 50% of the total price
- 0-30 days: 100% of the total price
Cancellation fees apply regardless of the reason. We strongly recommend travel insurance that includes trip cancellation coverage to protect against financial loss due to certain cancellations and other trip interruptions. You can identify and purchase travel insurance online at www.insuremytrip.com.
We meet on the first afternoon at a designated train station or airport, usually between 2 and 3 pm, depending on the location. We strongly recommend arriving in Europe at least one day before our trip begins to allow time for “jet lag” adjustment and to provide a buffer for any travel delays. We normally return to the same meeting place on our departure day, usually allowing for a 10 am train departure.
We will provide you with a detailed trip information sheet at the time of booking with the specific arrival/departure times for your trip. We’re also happy to offer suggestions about travel logistics.
We have two excellent travel consultant partners who can assist you with travel arrangements related to our trips:
France trips: Sandy McDowell of France Journeys
Italy, England, Christmas Experience trips: Trish York of Trish York Travel
Please contact Sandy or Trish directly to make arrangements for their services.
More detailed information about our trips, logistics, and policies is available for each of our trips. Please contact us if you’re interested in learning more.
Responsibility Statement and Liability Disclaimer
European Experiences and its owners/employees do not own or operate any entity which provides, or is to provide, goods or services to any European Experiences tour, including accommodations, vehicles, meals, activities, or other services. Because European Experiences does not exercise any control over the personnel, equipment, or operations of these suppliers, European Experiences is not liable for any negligent or willful act or failure to act of any such third person, or of any other third party.
European Experiences is not responsible for losses, injury, damages or expenses of any kind due to illness, weather, strikes, hostilities, wars, terrorist acts, acts of nature, local laws or other such causes.
European Experiences is not responsible for any baggage or personal effects, including any and all electronic equipment, of any individual participating in any European Experiences tour.
Individual travelers are responsible for purchasing a travel insurance policy, if desired, that will cover certain trip cancellations and interruptions, emergency medical evacuation, loss of luggage or personal effects, and other coverage. European Experiences strongly encourages individual travelers to purchase travel insurance.