Dates, Prices and Logistics
Sadly, all of our 2020 tours have now been cancelled due to the Coronavirus.
We’re taking bookings for our 2021 trips. If you’re interested a trip but unsure about committing, we can hold spots now and wait until the first of the year to take a deposit. We can also add you to the waiting list for any trip that’s already full. We’ll announce our 2022 schedule on March 1, 2021.
Unless indicated otherwise, trips are Saturday to Saturday.
The Cornwall Experience in England (10 night trip)
- April 20 – 30 (Tuesday to Friday)
- September 3 – 13 (Friday to Monday – waiting list only)
Return to the Luberon in Provence, France (a special week for the Travelers Circle and their travel companions)
- May 8 – 15
The Luberon Experience in Provence, France
- May 15 – 22
- September 18 – 25 (waiting list only)
The Chianti Experience in Tuscany, Italy
- May 29 – June 5
- June 5 – 12
The Alsace Experience in France
- June 17 – 24 (Thursday to Thursday)
Return to the Cotswolds in England
- July 10 – 17
The Cotswolds Experience in England
- July 17 – 24
The Puglia Experience in southern Italy
- October 2 – 9 (two openings)
- October 9 – 16 (waiting list only)
- October 16 – 23 (waiting list only)
The European Christmas Experience in Salzburg, Austria; Munich, Germany; and Colmar in Alsace, France (12 night trip)
We’ve decided to defer our next European Christmas Experience trip to 2022. Dates and prices will be announced by June 2021. Let us know if you’re interested!
Double occupancy (per person):
- Luberon and Alsace – $3,400 (7 nights)
- Chianti, Cotswolds, Périgord, Return to the Luberon – $3,500 (7 nights)
- Puglia – $3,600 (7 nights)
- Cornwall – $5,850 (10 nights)
Single occupancy of a double room:
- Alsace – $3,800 (7 nights)
- Chianti, Cotswolds, Luberon, Périgord – $3,900 (7 nights)
- Puglia, Return to the Luberon – $4,000 (7 nights)
- Cornwall – $6,700 (10 nights)
Triple rooms may be possible; contact us for pricing.
Our trips reflect an outstanding value, with almost all expenses for the week included:
- 7 nights accommodation in charming 3-star hotels and guesthouses. Rooms with one large bed or twin beds are available. All rooms have ensuite bathrooms.
- 7 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 5 dinners (including wine or beer of our choice)
- All admissions, special activities, and many extras
- Personalized support from Kathy and Charley
- Detailed trip planning guide
- All gratuities
- Local transportation during the week, including scheduled pick-up and drop-off at designated meeting points
You are responsible for air transportation, transportation to and from the meeting points, meals not included (one lunch and two dinners), travel insurance, and personal expenses.
* The Cornwall Experience and The European Christmas Experience are longer trips with different inclusions. See the trip descriptions for more specifics.
Our travelers become friends, and we enjoy experiencing other places together. Many of our travelers have returned for other trips, often bringing friends and family members. Our Travelers Circle offers exciting benefits for our alumni travelers, including 10% discounts on future trips and 5% discounts for travel companions. Read more about our Travelers Circle here.
Deposits and Payments
The initial deposit for most trips is $600 per person, payable within seven days of your reservation. The deposit for The Cornwall Experience and The European Christmas Experience is $1,000. The balance is due 90 days prior to the first day of the trip. All payments are made in US dollars. You may pay by personal check or by Transferwise or Pay Pal, which provide an option to pay with a credit card. We also accept bank wire transfers from travelers who live outside the USA.
See more information about how to make payments here.
- 91+ days (from the first day of the trip): $250 per person; $500 for The Cornwall Experience and The European Christmas Experience
- 61-90 days: 25% of the total price
- 31-60 days: 50% of the total price
- 0-30 days: 100% of the total price
Cancellation fees apply regardless of the reason. However, if you notify us of a cancellation more than 120 days in advance and there are openings in another trip, you may transfer your full deposit to another scheduled trip in the same calendar year for a $50 re-booking fee.
We strongly recommend travel insurance that includes trip cancellation coverage to protect against financial loss due to certain cancellations and other trip interruptions. You can identify and purchase travel insurance online at www.insuremytrip.com.
We meet on the first afternoon at a designated train station or airport, usually between 2 and 3 pm, depending on the location. We strongly recommend arriving in Europe at least one day before our trip begins to allow time for “jet lag” adjustment and to provide a buffer for any travel delays. We normally return to the same meeting place on our departure day, usually allowing for a 10 am train departure.
We will provide you with a detailed trip information sheet at the time of booking with the specific arrival/departure times for your trip. We’re also happy to offer suggestions about travel logistics.
We have two excellent travel consultant partners who can assist you with travel arrangements related to our trips:
France trips: Sandy McDowell of France Journeys
Italy, England, Christmas Experience trips: Trish York of Trish York Travel
Please contact Sandy or Trish directly to make arrangements for their services.
More detailed information about our trips, logistics, and policies is available for each of our trips. Please contact us if you’re interested in learning more.
Responsibility Statement and Liability Disclaimer
European Experiences and its owners/employees do not own or operate any entity which provides, or is to provide, goods or services to any European Experiences tour, including accommodations, vehicles, meals, activities, or other services. Because European Experiences does not exercise any control over the personnel, equipment, or operations of these suppliers, European Experiences is not liable for any negligent or willful act or failure to act of any such third person, or of any other third party.
European Experiences is not responsible for losses, injury, damages or expenses of any kind due to illness, pandemics, weather, strikes, hostilities, wars, terrorist acts, acts of nature, local laws or other such causes.
European Experiences is not responsible for any baggage or personal effects, including any and all electronic equipment, of any individual participating in any European Experiences tour.
Individual travelers are responsible for purchasing a travel insurance policy, if desired, that will cover certain trip cancellations and interruptions, emergency medical evacuation, loss of luggage or personal effects, and other coverage. European Experiences strongly encourages individual travelers to purchase travel insurance.